DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LAND REFORM AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: COVID-19 AGRICULTURAL DISASTER SUPPORT FUND FOR SMALLHOLDER AND COMMUNAL FARMERS
The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development hereby calls for applications from small holder farmers/producers who are currently in production and preparing for winter crops.
The main objective of this support is to complete the current production cycle in an effort to ensure adequate food production and supplies. The targeted beneficiaries are smallholder and communal producers with a turnover between R20 000 and R1 million per annum. 50% women, 40% youth and 6% people with disability will be targeted. The Funding is a grant and the voucher system will apply in partnership with distributors and manufactures of these inputs and the grant shall not exceed R50 000 per farming operation.
The specific targeted commodities to be supported are the following: (this is guided by the country’s self-sufficiency index)
|Poultry||Day old chicks, Point of lay chickens, feed, medication and sawdust;|
|Vegetables||Seed, Seedlings, fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides and soil correction.|
|Fruits||Final spraying programmes for fruits that are ready for harvest.|
|Livestock||Feed and medication|
|Winter Crops||Soil correction, fertilizer, seeds, herbicides and pesticides.|
- Smallholder farmers/producers must have a minimum turnover of R20 000 per annum but not exceeding R1 million. (produce financial records or evidence if financial statement cannot be produced during this lockdown period )
- South African Certified ID copy; not older than 3 months
- Valid confirmation of land tenure/ownership (title deeds, Tribal Resolution, Permission to Occupy, minimum 5 years lease agreement)
- Already farming
- Application form completed
- Farming operation able to create permanent and/or seasonal jobs
- In cases where the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Certificate is necessary for the operations, evidence of such to be provided.
- Proof of access to water for irrigation in case of fruits, vegetables and winter crops (i.e. water license/rights or proof that it had been applied for, borehole or other sources).
- Non-Government Employees
More detail on the selection criteria please visit the respective provincial Department of Agriculture OR national department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development or visit www.dalrrd.gov.za
The applications for this funding will be open from 08 April 2020 and will close on 22 April 2020. No late entries will be accepted. Application forms will be available on 08 April 2020 on the departmental website – www.dalrrd.gov.za and through national, provincial, district and local offices of both the national Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development and Provincial Departments of Agriculture. Applications will be lodged electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted to the offices as outlined.
The applications will be evaluated in line with the agreed selection criteria.
Disclaimer: due to limitation of funds not all qualifying farmers will be funded.
Saai has created a digital submission form below. Once completed this form will be sent to email@example.com and provincial representatives responsible for processing of the applications. a copy will also be sent to the email address you provided for record purposes.
IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU COMPLETE THE FORM AS THOROUGHLY AS POSSIBLE AND UPLOAD THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS
Save Saai’s number to your mobile phone – 066 071 6094 and send a Whatsapp message with your name and surname to our Whatsapp-line to stay up to date with the latest COVID-19 developments.
Oops! We could not locate your form.